Friday 16 August 2013

The Toy



After a dev miscommunication between Pontus and I over our desires for the turning and strafe functionality of the character, we decided to have a little character control revamp!

I know what you’re thinking, 6 weeks ‘til we demo at Eurogamer and I’m fiddling with the fundamentals, but the cold hard truth is that 'the Toy’ or feel is so important that I don’t think any time spent tweaking what will essentially be one of your player’s first impressions of the game, is any time wasted at all. You really can’t get this feature too right.

There is some great stuff out there on character controllers, but if you’re looking for Unity specific stuff, it doesn’t get much more thorough than this following set of videos by John McElmurray:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKFvhfT4QOqlEReJ2lSZJk_APVq5sxZ-x

If the man was still on twitter there would be a big shoutout going to him right about now! If you can hear me.. THANKS JOHN!!

No comments: